Product spotlights allow a particular product to get some additional face time with our loyal blog readers and customers. We like to talk about a product that stands out amongst the competition. The Kali Shiva Speed Machine full face helmet for downhill mountain biking and BMX racing offers something unique.
The Kali Shiva Speed Machine full face helmet for mountain biking and BMX racing is special, and we want to give it some recognition. What makes it different? It is the most lightweight DOT (Department of Transportation) certified helmet you can find, and the only DOT certified helmet we offer at SportsProtective for adult mountain bike and BMX riders.
Let's delve into what a DOT certification is and why it can be a plus when buying a helmet for MTB or BMX. Technically, the DOT safety standard is really the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 218. Which in normal speak means the helmet can be worn for more than just Mountain Biking or BMX. It can be used for anything motorized as well, including street motorcycles, ATVs, etc.
The Kali Shiva Speed Machine is a "can do it all" kind of helmet. If you are a rider who is going to be doing other things and wants a helmet that can fit all sorts of needs. The Kali Shiva Speed Machine could be a great buy.
Some other features of the Shiva include:
- A carbon outer shell for maximum protection
- Low-density EPS foam liner for comfort
- Kali's Composite Fusion Three Technology designed to mitigate impacts
- Removable comfort liner and cheek pads for easy cleaning
- 18 ventilation ports (14 helmet, 4 chin bar) for added air circulation
- D-Ring closure buckle for a secure fit
- A camera mount so you can film while you ride
- Meets DOT, CPSC, and ASTM DH standards
The Kali Shiva Speed Machine gives mountain bike, and BMX riders added versatility for their protective gear, and we like that at SportsProtective.