All active sports have risks. It isn’t a stretch to say that some active sports like downhill mountain biking and BMX have more risks than others.
In downhill mountain biking or BMX racing, the biggest risk a rider takes is an injury to their head, neck or spine. These are areas you want to protect and protect well. One mistake, one slip-up, and a rider’s life can change forever.
One piece of protective gear we are extremely high on is the Leatt DBX 5.5 neck brace.
The DBX 5.5 is Leatt's mid-level neck brace offering. We think its features and price deliver a win-win scenario for anyone looking to stay protected while riding.
Leveraging Alternative Load Path Technology, the Leatt DBX 5.5 neck brace uses a unique design (when coupled with a full face helmet and proper fit) to shift force away from the sensitive neck and spine area into more resilient muscle groups like your chest, back, and shoulders.
Other Leatt DBX 5.5 neck brace features include:
- Easy On/Off Release - spring loaded push button to open/close the brace easily.
- Helmet Rim Striking Profile - For a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion
- Sliding front and back SureFit Adjusters – Toolless adjustability in a fraction of the time it takes to adjust the 4.5 model.
- Removable Chest Pads – Additional removable chest pads to better fit each rider’s varying deck height
- Rear Thoracic Strut – split design Coreflex back support with 4 degrees of adjustability for best possible fit
Leatt has done extensive testing on their line of neck braces and has been the dominate brand in bicycle neck brace technology for over a decade. There is no doubt Leatt neck braces have kept riders safe in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
Pick up a Leatt DBX 5.5 neck brace today from SportsProtective and, for a limited time, enjoy a rare discount that will save you big bucks. There is no better time to upgrade your protection than right now!