BMX body armor - Because an injury isn’t a badge of honor if it keeps you off the bike
BMX biking is intense. It doesn’t matter if you’re racing or pulling air tricks on the vert ramp, a big fall is gonna hurt. A BMX chest protector can save you some pain by absorbing some of the impact of a fall. BMX body armor will generally have some sort of a hard plastic or stiff rubber outer shell on top of soft foam with a base of Neoprene or durable but lightweight mesh fabric. You can choose from vest-style BMX chest protectors to jacket-style BMX body armor with either short or long sleeves. As your riding or racing gets faster and more aggressive, BMX body armor is the next step in keeping yourself protected and ready to ride.
SportsProtective staff picks for BMX body armor
In short-sleeved BMX body armor, we like the Troy Lee Designs BP7850,
a hot weather protective shirt that provides all-around torso protection in a pullover design. Key features of Troy Lee BP7850 BMX body armor are:
- Strata-foam articulates with complex body zones while providing impact protection
- Hex mesh disperses impact and allows air to flow freely
- Open armpit design and wide neck opening for comfort
- Covers ribs around entire torso
- Removable rib and bicep pads to customize for riding conditions
- Vent-trak moves air through flexible channels over skin surface to keep you cool
- Anatomical design provides a close fit while integrated zones protect the chest, ribs, back/spine, clavicle, shoulders and biceps
The Original Protective Gear Store
No matter your choice of body protection for BMX biking, we stand behind every product we sell and will work together with you to get you the right protection. We offer a great selection—in stock—from brands you trust, and with no hassle returns. Complete your outfit with other BMX protective gear, like a helmet, elbow pads, padded shorts, neck brace, knee pads, and gloves. Whether you’re an experienced racer or about to hit the pedals for the first time, we're here to help.