Mountain bike body armor: What kind of mountain biker are you?
Think about it: You’re riding a bicycle. Down. A. Mountain. There are rocks, roots, branches, and turns. Add speed and gravity to the mix, and you have the recipe for a crash. Even a casual ride on a single-track trail can end up in a fall if a stray branch gets lodged in a spoke or you hit a rock at the wrong angle. A little bit of mountain bike armor can alleviate a lot of bruises and other injuries that could keep you off the bike. SportsProtective has a great selection of SixSixOne armor
, Fox Racing Armor
, Crash Pads
, Leatt neck braces and armor
and other DH bike body armor. Remember that there are two kinds of mountain bikers: those who’ve crashed and those who will crash. Don’t say “I wish I had had mtb armor” after
you’ve taken a nasty fall. Get suited up with quality mountain bike body armor. We have it in stock and ready to ship out today.
SportsProtective staff picks for mountain bike body armor
We’re big fans of the Leatt 3DF Air Fit Body Protector
, which is full-body, next-to-skin mountain bike armor that can be worn for downhill mountain biking, BMX, snowboarding or skiing. The Leatt 3DF Air Fit Body Protector features:
- Chest plate: Double layer 3DF foam, vented, removable
- Spine protection: Triple layer 3DF foam; removable for washing; rubber guard removable to perfectly accommodate a Leatt neck brace
- Shoulder, elbow/forearm protection: Double layer 3DF foam, half-inch thick, vented, removable
- Chassis: Snug-fitting; breathable MoistureCool wicking fabric; 4-way stretch
In vest-style mountain bike armor, we like the SixSixOne Core Saver Suit.
It offers hard-shell protection for your chest and spine and additional soft-shell protection for your collarbones, kidneys, and stomach. Other features of the SixSixOne Core Saver Suit:
Do you have more questions about what MTB armor is right for you?
- Nine-plate, overlapping, hard-shell, foam-lined, plastic spine guard; top three plates are detachable for additional flexibility
- Soft-shell padded protection for collarbones, kidneys, and stomach
- Extra wide, fully adjustable waist belt
Check out the Mountain Bike Protective Gear
article in our learning center right now.
The Original Protective Gear Store
No matter your choice of body armor for mountain biking, we stand behind every product we sell and will work together with you to get you the right protection. We offer a great selection—in stock—from brands you trust, and with no hassle returns. Complete your outfit with other MTB protective gear, like a bike helmet, padded shorts, elbow pads, knee pads, and gloves. Whether you’re an experienced downhill rider or about to hit the trail for the first time, we're here to help.