Eight reasons to wear a snowboard helmet
- Once the snow has been packed down from multiple runs, it’s icy. Skull + ice = concussion
- Even if you fall in powdery snow, you never know if there’s a rock or a log lurking just below the surface
- Snowboard helmets are warmer than any hat or beanie
- Snowboard helmets come with their own venting systems; it’s a lot easier to cool down than it is to warm up
- A snowboarding helmet will your keep your mom from worrying about you so much
- Many snowboard helmets are audio equipped, so you can listen to your favorite music music while you ride the chairlift
- Modern snowboarding helmets are super light weight, have excellent venting, and fit well using adjustable fit systems
- With all of the great-looking snowboard helmets available, you’re sure to find one that’s just steezy enough for you
Different snowboarding helmets have different features
Snowboard helmets offer different features, depending on the brand and, frankly, the price. You'll need to consider what is most important to you. For instance...
- Vents that line up with the vents on the top of your goggles and draw out and release fog-inducing moisture that can get trapped behind your lenses
- Adjustable vents for climate control/comfort
- Interior liners that are washable, and/or treated to prevent static
- A fit system so you can customize the helmet's fit
- Ear pads that hold ear buds for phone and music
- A rear goggle clip to hold snowboard goggles securely in place
Have more questions about snowboard helmets?
If you need more information on how to choose a snowboarding helmet, see How to Choose a Snowboard Helmet
in our Snowboard Learning Center. If you have a specific question about one of our snowboard helmets (or other snowboard protective gear), please call or email us. We’re here for you. Spend less time shopping and more time enjoying snowboarding – and life.